What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic planning is an organizational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organization’s direction in response to a changing environment. It is a disciplined effort that produces fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future. Effective strategic planning articulates not only where an organization is going and the actions needed to make progress, but also how it will know if it is successful. The Institute of Certified Internal Auditors (ICIA-PAKISTAN) therefore set the strategic priorities for the development of the profession.
Core Purpose of the Strategic Planning:
The core purpose of the Institute of Certified Internal Auditors (ICIA-PAKISTAN) strategic planning is to lead the global profession and advance its value
ICIA-PAKISTAN Global Goals:
Goal A. Professionalism: The IIA will lead the profession through the development of timely and relevant knowledge, global guidance, and career path guidelines.
Goal B. Advocacy: The IIA will raise the profile of and demand for the profession to ensure it is recognized as an indispensable resource by key stakeholders.
Goal C. IIA as Leader: The IIA will be recognized as the leading voice for internal auditing, management auditing, information technology auditing and internal control in Pakistan and abroad.
Goal D. Capacity: The IIA will collaborate globally to expand the capacity of the profession. The IIA will emerge as the leading voice in integrated audit, governance, risk management assurance and control.
Goal E. IIA as Leader: Goal E. Sustainable Value: The IIA will deploy both financial and business models that generate sustainable value for members.
Strategic focus of the Institute for 2016:
- Raising the profile of the profession
- Developing the competence of internal auditors, management system auditors, internal control professionals and information technology professionals.
- Engaging with key stakeholders within the profession
- Growing membership
- Generating income
- Professional growth of the institute
- Find new strategic partners national or international.
- Make new alliances with Universities and the professional institutes to facilitate its members through Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) and research.
There is a further focus on an area that underpins activity: optimizing service delivery.
Within these strategic priorities there are a number of activities where we intend to make a step change in our level of activity and achievement. These are:
- Engaging with audit committee and non-executive board members
- Growing the membership
- Implementing global qualification convergence while ensuring our education offer meets the changing needs of the profession and employers
- Implementing a sector strategy
- Supporting the voice of the Irish profession
- Delivering a successful national and International Conferences.
- Delivering an integrated digital strategy encompassing e-commerce, social media, and digital delivery of services.
- Establishing a base of research and policy publications
- Establishing a Social Media Unit (SMU) to promote the institute activities and deliver the knowledge about profession and certification programs through social media pages.