There are various routes to entry to the ICIA-PAKISTAN certification programs and you do not need a business related degree to follow a career in internal auditing.
Holders of completed recognized qualifications (post graduate, honors degree, ordinary degree, certificate, accounting technician or any other professional qualification, etc.) may be entitled to various exemptions from the ICIA-PAKISTAN exams.
The ICIA-PAKISTAN program comprises eight examinations and case studies, and a fully integrated practical experience requirement. Your entry point into ICIA-PAKISTAN Program will be determined by an individual assessment of your prior education and experience.
All exemptions are granted on a subject-by-subject basis to applicants holding a qualification recognized by ICIA-PAKISTAN for exemption purposes. A pass mark must have been achieved in the assessment of the relevant subject. Passes by compensation are not eligible.
If you already hold a relevant professional postgraduate level qualification, you may be eligible for an exemption.
Who is eligible for exam exemptions?
You may qualify for exemptions if you:
- Are a graduate with a qualification listed in our database of ICIA-PAKISTAN accredited programs or Universities.
- Are a graduate of a degree program that is related to the ICIA-PAKISTAN syllabus.
- Have a BBA, BBA hons, B com or an MBA or a Master’s in Accounting from any recognized local or international university.
- Are members or passed finalist of the listed accounting bodies like ICWAI or ICAP, ICMAP, ICAI, ICPAI, AICPA etc.
- Are studying or have completed a relevant qualification with another professional body.
The following qualifications are recognized and accepted by the Executive Council of the Institute of Certified Internal Auditors (ICIA-PAKISTAN) for direct membership. A member of any of the following professional accountancy bodies along with at least Two (2) years of relevant working experience.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute f Financial Accountants (IFA) England.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (U.K).
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) UK.
- Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- Certified Public Accountants of Ireland (CPAI)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- The Institute of Certified Commercial Professional Accountants & Internal Auditors (ICCPAIA).
- The Institute of Certified General Accountants (CGA-PAKISTAN).
- Member of any chartered accountant body.
- Member of any IFAC member body.
- Any other recognized foreign and local accountancy body.
HND, Bsc, BBA, MBA, Msc Accounting, Banking/Finance, Financial Management and Business Administration from any local and international recognized university.
Those who holds the position of Accountant – General, Auditor – General, Director of Finance & Supply, Manager Finance, Head of Audit department, Head of Department of Federal, State or Provincial and Local Government or have any high level administrative and financial position.
To confirm what exemptions you are eligible for, send your exam result transcripts to email@example.com or contact our Education & Training Department on +92 51 2228074 or Direct +92 331 5229000. Exemptions can only be confirmed and granted upon receipt of original transcripts from your college.
For the further details kindly visit our website www.iciaglobal.org